Mainsail Electronics are electronic and systems specialists who specialize in marine electronics and electrical. Based on the Hibiscus Coast, we are a mobile business servicing Auckland City Marina’s, Sandspit, Whangarei and beyond. Our work ranges from luxury power boats and yachts to offshore and inshore race yachts.
We are looking for a highly motivated, qualified Electrician/Electronic Technician to join our team, with hands on experience in the marine industry preferred. This role has the potential for long term career opportunities for the right person.
The successful applicant, will be well presented, have a full NZ driver’s license and a keen interest in the marine industry. Our clients are important to us, so your verbal & written communication must be top notch along with the ability to cope well under pressure with time limits. You will be able to operate with a high level of autonomy which in turn requires time management skills & trustworthiness. Our preference would be someone that possesses a range of complementary skills with a practical, common sense approach.
Your main role is electronic & electrical fault finding, service and installation. This will include battery and charging systems, inverters and solar systems, electronic navigation systems, communications and entertainment systems. Assist with the design and specification of equipment and systems. There will be travel both national and international from time to time.
Qualifications and experience:
Our ideal candidate will be qualified with a minimum of 3-4 years experience, ideally in the marine sector, and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven electrical experience within the marine industry
- Experience with installation and termination of cabling in a marine environment
- Excellent knowledge and skill in the interpretation of marine electrical schematics
- Experience with navigational systems, digital switching and lithium batteries
- Ability to take direction and ownership of the role and having an eye for detail
- An aptitude for information technology
- An aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent fault finding skills
To be successful in this role you will need:
- You have a strong work ethic and motivation to upskill
- You take great pride in your work with strong attention to detail
- You are able to work independently and as part of a team as required
- You are comfortable dealing and working with a wide range of personalities
- You are customer focused
- You have the ability to build strong and positive working relationships
- You are accountable, responsible and reliable
- You have a positive attitude towards health and safety
- You understand that systems and paperwork are important
In return we offer a competitive remuneration package to the right applicant which will include a company vehicle, company phone, laptop, and uniform.
Working Hours – 42.5 hours per week between 8.00am and 5pm weekdays.
There will be overtime as required and working away from home occasionally.
Only written applications will be accepted. Please send a cover letter and your resume to Cheree Lewis at [email protected]
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. If you are not a New Zealand or Australian citizen, you must have the right to permanent residence.